Sunday, June 12, 2011

Difficult Weekend

On Friday, my sons had their 6 month vaccinations.  Before we left, LM had a little bit of a runny nose but I didn't think anything of it.

I should have.

Friday night, at 11pm, LM woke up crying for milk, or so I thought.

As I was nursing both LM and LBM, I realised LM was burning up.  He was feverish and not himself.  No smiles, very serious, cranky.  His whole body was hot.  We took his temperature and noticed that he had a fever.  We gave him Tempra and I put him in bed with me.  His fever broke but again, he wasn't himself.  I ended up nursing him a bunch of times whenever he cried or seemed thirsty. 

He had a crazy bout of crying yesterday, like uncontrollable and non-stop!  We were so concerned that we called Telehealth.  They just told us to let the fever run (not to give Tempra) and to just nurse him whenever he wanted to avoid dehydration.

He slept with us again and I nursed him a number of times overnight while LBM slept peacefully in his crib.

I basically feel very sleepy and groggy.  But that's just the way it is with a sick baby!

I don't have the will or energy to write anymore today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Best. Gifts. Ever by S. You is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.