Thursday, February 3, 2011

And so it goes...

... I guess it just doesn't stop.  It's go go go and there is no end...

It's official, I have thrush.  I also have purple hands and boobs and my sons have purple tongues and mouths from a herbal remedy called Gentian Violet.  It has stained everything including the faces of my poor sons. 

When I went to a breastfeeding clinic a couple of weeks ago, I was told that one of my sons might have a yeast infection in his mouth. Since we were going to the doctor in a couple of days for a check up, we decided to ask about it then.  She ended up giving us medication to treat just him, and not the other. Or myself.  Which is extremely short-sighted thinking. Especially since I am exclusively nursing both of them.  Which would mean that the three of us are exchanging basically everything.  So I ended up with yeast myself.

But of course, I didn't even know it.  All I knew was for two weeks, I was in excruciating pain after not being in pain or discomfort before. 

I went to a different clinic and they gave me some medication for my breasts and the Gentian Violet.

What else could happen? Everytime something happens, I get a little more discouraged but I'm trying to keep my chin up.  I'm gonna keep breastfeeding.  It's that one little selfish thing I can continue and share with the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Best. Gifts. Ever by S. You is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.