Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sleep Troubles

Well...

It has been an interesting regression of sorts.

After all of the teething crises and sleep interruptions, LM seemed to go back to his normal napping routine (albeit, it's transitioning to 2 longer naps now), LBM has completely regressed.  Unless he's being held or rocked in a car, there is no sleeping happening for the poor boy during the day.  Night time is especially challenging for both boys.  I absolutely am at a loss as to what to do. 

We need help.

I'm desperate.

Right now, LBM is so exhausted, he fell asleep on the floor in the living room.  I was lying beside him to make sure he knew I was there.  That's why I get to type.

He is crawling backwards like crazy so I'm afraid to leave him and I can't transfer him because he wakes up and the goes batshit crazy.  I can't take a shower.

He sleeps in our bed with husband and I have been relegated to the floor for now.  LM cries like crazy in his room, where he has been sleeping all day.  But when he is in a room with a little bit of light, he calms down and can slowly fall asleep. 

So much for putting them to bed by 7 and having the night free.  No more of that.

I called a sleep psychologist.  I can't take it anymore.

I can't even think of anywhere to go or to take them.  I just don't want to and I don't have the energy.  I feel like a horrible person and especially a horrible mother.  I want to go out, but when I think of all of the shit I have to do to get everything ready and prepared and done and carry and put in the car, I just think, forget it.  I'd much rather do it if I have someone with me.  Am I being a baby?  Am I spoiled?  Why can other multiple mothers seem to do it and I can't?  I feel like a shut-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Best. Gifts. Ever by S. You is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.