Friday, August 26, 2011

Busted, Beat-down, Bam!

First true sickness was Wednesday.  Like, I mean, where I was down for the count, only getting up to nurse.  If I could've, I would have stayed in bed all day and just lay there.  I had the chills, the sweats, dizzy spells, and my legs had absolutely no strength in them.  My head just ached.

And I couldn't enjoy the boyz.  So husband did.  By some sort of miracle, we had planned for him to take the day off on Wednesday so we could spend time together as a family but I ruined it all by getting ill.  It was obviously a blessing in disguise because without him, I am not too sure what our fam/jam would have done.

I was out of it!  Completely out.

Two days later and I'm feeling alive again.  No headache but still hurts to swallow and legs are still a bit weak, with hints of dizziness now and again. 

Husband and mother think it's cuz I'm not eating right but I happen to think I'm all right.  Mother also believes I've lost too much weight but in all honesty, I haven't.  I have a BMI of 23.99, which is in the high range of normal (highest being 24.9!) and I was tres overweight when I got pregnant.  Truthfully, I am down about 25lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, which is good because THAT'S how overweight I was.  This should be normal for me, and on the higher end of normal.  Very nervous as to what's going to happen when I stop nursing and start exercising.  I'm scared that all the weight is going to climb back on. 

But I digress.

An update about the boyz:

1.  Sleep is a funny thing.  LBM doesn't enjoy alone time at night.  It's been a challenge.  LM does not like to fall asleep but is okay for the rest of the night.

2.  Solids are good for LM but not-so-much for LBM.  He likes to throw his head back in defiance -- if I don't understand the first time he whiplashes himself, he makes sure I do by repeatedly whiplashing himself until I focus on his brother.  Nice.

3.  Naps are ridonculous! They're so different between the two boys.  LM loves to nap, LBM could care less.  Hal-muh-nee and Dad can rock LBM to sleep like no other. They are great.  Me however, I'm useless.  Utterly.  He won't settle with me.  I don't get it.  Could it be the breast shells that I am still using?  It's kinda hard to snuggle and cuddle against your mother's breast when they're as hard as nails... wha?????

4.  I'm obsessed with sleep.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Best. Gifts. Ever by S. You is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.